Redemptive Compassion is a biblical philosophy on how we can offer holistic help to those we serve. It has evolved over fifteen years of working daily with people who find themselves struggling with needs in their life and unable to overcome them on their own. It challenges many current and common ways of addressing need based upon six core principles:
- Everyone has value
- We are called to invest relationally in each other
- Everyone has capacity and potential
- Mutual participation is important
- We must use wisdom and discernment
- What we do should transform
Need will not change until we change how we address need. We are facing critical times in America, and the Church will soon have an unprecedented opportunity to step to the forefront of addressing need. Will we be ready when the time comes? And more importantly, will we understand what God has biblically called us to do when the opportunity arises?